Lower School Curriculum
Offering an exceptional education for gifted children, our Lower School curriculum is designed for the intellectually curious who desire a challenge and are excited by advanced hands-on STEM coursework. Through supportive and expert teachers, advanced coursework and a warm and comfortable environment, the curriculum shapes and prepares them for the depth and challenge of our high school.
A School Like No Other
As part of our Lower School, the students join a community of equally passionate and curious peers and teachers. The advanced, hands-on, STEM-focused education is personalized, engaging, and rigorous; providing academic, social, and emotional support to nurture and guide students through their transition to high-school.
An Exceptional Curriculum
Our interdisciplinary curriculum builds foundational skills in analytical thinking, creativity, research, and oral and written communication. Through advanced science and mathematics coursework, students gain experience gathering and analyzing data, learn science and engineering practices, and grow collaboration and communication skills.
Passionate and Expert Teachers
Our curriculum nurtures and inspires gifted students with accelerated, hands-on and engaging coursework taught by expert teachers who personalize the educational experience and support students reaching their full potential.
- Science—Students complete advanced courses, study current recent research and discoveries, design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and learn scientific communication skills.
- Mathematics—Students focus on mathematical strategies and applications, math competitions, problem solving, computation and logic.
- English—Students develop written and oral communication skills through literature study, reading, research, grammar practice, analysis, projects and debate.
- History—Students learn and practice research and critical analysis skills, develop their own theses, and evaluate historical events, questions and themes.
- Computer Science and Engineering—Students complete full-year coursework in engineering and computer science that teaches students computational thinking, programming, hands-on making and engineering design processes and practices.
A Place for Gifted Children
A warm, collegial environment founded on respect, our school accepts each child for who they are. This framework of social and emotional support fosters student academic success by creating comfort; enabling students to take risks, challenge themselves and pursue their interests.
A Place Like No Other
Our students and teachers learn with a extraordinary depth, curiosity and passion that is unique for an elementary or middle school setting. Students chose Ideaventions Academy for engaging, hands-on studies featuring opportunities for advanced learning in STEM fields, a vibrant and warm environment, and teachers who mentor, challenge and inspire them.
Meeting the Needs of the Gifted
Ideaventions Academy was designed for the gifted; advanced, engaging curriculum, passionate, expert teachers, and warm and nurturing environment. Our team is experienced in gifted education and foster an environment for young students to develop and thrive.
Do you want to learn more about our Lower School program? Here is how:
- Sign up and attend an upcoming Lower School Information Session
- Attend an Open House to tour our school and meet teachers and students.
- Contact our Admissions staff for answers your questions or to arrange a private tour.