When we think about a school and what needs to be in place to create an excellent learning experience, the areas are:
- Philosophy and curriculum: High-quality, engaging curriculum that supports the philosophy
- Community: The culture, identity and fabric that joins us together
- Teachers; Inspiring and knowledgeable teachers
- Plans: Well-thought plans and schedules
- Processes: Effective processes for consistency in completing plans
- Space: Warm, creative, and well-equipped physical space
We’ve been updating you on the teachers, philosophy and curriculum, community, plans and space. The only one left to begin is the processes. I’m happy to announce that this week, we began the work on designing the processes to support learning and communication.
On the construction of the space, the fixtures have started arriving! From faucets to door handles, it’s great to see the actual fixtures that are going to go into the Academy. One belated update is that about one month ago, we finally decided to get an Imagination Playground for our indoor exhibit area. We’re excited to see what our elementary students will create with it (and if our middle schoolers will join in the fun!).
We’ve received feedback from most of the students on the clubs and electives for next year. Once we have all of the responses, we’ll be sending the results to families. It’s been wonderful to read the responses, especially the ones we didn’t expect.
Have a great weekend!